Search

SCRAPS BY P & A DEZIGNS . Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Followers

Monday 1 July 2013



*Right Click - Open Link In New Tab - On All Images To View Full Size*

PTU It’s My Party

This tutorial was written by me on July 1, 2013.
It was made out of my own creation and any similarity is purely coincidental.
I used PSPx2 but any version would work.

Artist: Arthur Crowe
I got mine when he was with PTE.
THIS TUBE IS NOT FOR AVAILABLE ANYMORE.
I am sure you can find another tube that would work as well.
Do not use this tube unless you have a license.
Scrap Kit:  Back In Black by Amy Marie’s Kits
You can get this kit at Amy Marie’s Kits Store  HERE
Mask: Music Mask 2 by Vicky at Creative Misfits HERE
Template:  Template #272 by Millie at Millie’s PSP Madness  HERE
Filters:  Eye Candy 4000 - Gradient Glow 
This is a PTU filter.
Font: Mason Regular  HERE
 
Here goes:
The Template first:
Open template in PSP.  Hold down SHIFT button and tap your “D” key.  Close the original template.  Delete the “Raster1” layer with her CR info on it.
I don't like a white background unless I really need one, so I clear the white background by highlighting the BACKGROUND layer and go to EDIT - CLEAR.
Next I changed the canvas size to 800 X 800.

Highlight layer 1.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open Pp014 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE
Delete layer 1.
Highlight layer 2.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open PP012 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - KEEP SELECTED.
NEW RASTER LAYER - Open Element 28.  C/Paste into selection
Delete layer 2
Highlight layer 3. SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open PP8 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE
Delete layer 3
Highlight layer 4.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open PP2 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE
Delete layer 4
Highlight layer 5.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open PP6 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE - Delete layer 5
Highlight layer 6.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
 Open PP4 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE - Delete layer 6
Highlight layer 7.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
 Open PP7 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE - Delete layer 7

Highlight layer 5 again.  SELECTIONS – SELECT ALL – FLOAT – DEFLOAT
And if you are using the same tube as I, C/P the CU of the tube and move into place. 
Duplicate tube layer.  On top layer, ADJUST - BLUR - GAUSSIAN BLUR and change BLEND MODE to HARD LIGHT.  On original tube layer, change blend mode to DODGE.

Now for some elements:
Stars(2) – C/P and move to top right corner of tag.  Move this layer to the bottom of the template layers.
(see tag for placement)
Flame1 – C/P and move to top left corner.  Move this layer to bottom of template layers.  Duplicate and mirror, then move down to bottom right side of tag.
(see tag for placement)
Music(22) – C/P and leave where it is.  Make sure it is the top most layer for now.
(see tag for placement)
Ribbon 2 – C/P and move to middle left side of tag.  Duplicate two more times.  Move copies different places on tag.
(see tag for placement)
Ribbon 1 – C/P and move to middle right side of tag.  Duplicate two more times and move copies to different places on tag.
(see tag for placement)
Keys – C/P and move to bottom left side of tag.
(see tag for placement)
Lights – C/P and re-size 75%.  Move to top right side of tag.
(see tag for placement)
Guitar(G1) – C/P and move to bottom right side of tag.
(see tag for placement)
Heart 2 – C/P and re-size 70%.  Move to top left side of tag.
(see tag for placement)
I made a change at this point.
 I moved Keyboard layer below the word art and star layers.
(see tag for placement)

Once I got all my layers fixed up and placed where I like them, I did some Eye Candy 400 - Gradient Glow treatment.  Here are the settings I used:


I used this on all the layers except the lights, the keyboard, both the ribbon and the mask layers.  Same setting for all the layers I used this on.

Now for the mask layer:
Open PP014 again.
LAYERS - NEW RASTER LAYER - ARRANGE - MOVE TO BOTTOM - SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL
Copy and Paste into Selection  PP014.
Go to LAYERS – NEW MASK LAYER – FROM IMAGE – SOURCE LUMINANCE CHECKED – CHOOSE Music Mask 2 FROM DROP DOWN – OK.
Move to lower right side of tag.  Duplicate and move copy to upper left side of tag.
 
Now the tube layer:
If you are using the same tube as me, C/P the full tube over the keyboard layer but under the word art and star layers.
 (see tag for placement)

Add drop shadow to layers of your choosing.
I used
V & H 2
Opacity 70
Blur 7
Color Black

 Now you can add name and  © information.  Save as .png and re-size if you wish.
I re-size before I save and add name and © info.
Let me know what you think of this tutorial. 

0 comments:

My TOU

All things I provide on this blog are my own creation.
Any resemblance to others is strictly coincidence.
Please do not share.
Do not claim as yours.
If you use any items here please link back to my blog.
No translations of my tutorials.
The tutorials here are merely guidelines and you are perfectly welcome to do your own thing.
All links were current and available at the time of their posting. I cannot control who comes and goes, so if you find a broken link, please use a suitable replacement item.
Feel free to send me anything that you make with my stuff and I will gladly showcase it. My email is merrittlise@gmail.com

Talk to Me