Search

SCRAPS BY P & A DEZIGNS . Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Followers

Tuesday 11 June 2013

*Right Click - Open Link In New Tab - On All Images To View Full Size*

PTU Cherry Bomb

This tutorial was written by me on June 11, 2013.
It was made out of my own creation and any similarity is purely coincidental.
I used PSPx2 but any version will do. 

Artist: Keith Garvey
You can find this tube  HERE
Please Don't use this tube without a license.
Scrap Kit:  Ali by Amy Marie Kits  HERE
Template: Millie's PSP Madness -  Template-107
Filter(s): Eye Candy  4000 Gradient Glow.
Font:  ITC Zapf Chancery  HERE

Here goes: 
Open template - Shift D to duplicate and then delete CR layer.
I don't like a white background unless I really need one, so I clear the white background by highlighting the BACKGROUND layer and go to EDIT - CLEAR.
Also, I like working with a bigger work area.  Go to IMAGE - CANVAS SIZE and change the height and width both to 800.

Now onto the layers.
Highlight layer 1.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open PP016 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE
Delete layer 1.
Highlight layer 4 & 6.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open PP3 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE
Delete layer 4 & 6.
Highlight layer 7 & 8. SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open PP017 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE
Delete layer 7 & 8.
Highlight layer 5.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT and open tube.  C/P half close up and move into place.  SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE.
(see tag for placement)
Duplicate tube layer.  On top layer, ADJUST - BLUR - GAUSSIAN BLUR and change blend mode to Hard Light.  On original tube layer, change blend mode to Overlay.

Now for the elements.

Highlight background layer.
Element 38 - C/P and move to upper left of tag.
(see tag for placement)
Element 104 - C/P and move up and to the left of tag.  Duplicate and mirror.
(see tag for placement)
 Element 115 - C/P and free rotate 90ยบ right.  Move above layer 3.
(see tag for placement)
Element 11 - C/P and move to left side of tag above layer 5.
(see tag for placement)
Element 12 - C/P and move to right side of tag above layer 5.
(see tag for placement) 
Element 27 - C/P and re-size 60%. Move to left of tag above layer 8.
(see tag for placement)
Element 19 - C/P and re-size 70%.  Move to left of tag about layer 7. 
(see tag for placement)
 Use Eye Candy 4000 on layers 9 - Use #ffffff
On layer 10 & 11 Use #000000
(see tag for placement) 
Element 19 - C/P and re-size 70%.  Move down and left of tag.
(see tag for placement) 
Element 20 - C/P and re-size 70%.   Move down and almost middle of tag.
(see tag for placement) 
 Element 17 - C/P and move up and a tad to the right of tag.
(see tag for placement)

Open tube.  Chose full tube without wings and C/P onto tag.  Move over to the left.
(see tag for placement) 

Now, the mask layer.

Highlight very bottom layer.
Copy PP1
SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - NEW RASTER LAYER - PASTE INTO SELECTION - SELECT NONE
LAYERS - NEW MASK LAYER - FROM IMAGE - SOURCE LUMINANCE CHECKED - Mask By Lise 3 - MERGE GROUP
DUPLICATE MASK - MERGE DOWN.  DUPLICATE AGAIN.  MERGE DOWN.

Add drop shadow to all layers of your choice.  I use:
I used
V & H 2
Opacity 70
Blur 7
Color Black

 Now you can add name and  © information.  Save as .PNG and resize if you wish.
I resize before I save and add name and © info.
Let me know what you think of this tutorial. Thanks for taking a look.
 photo BlogSiggie1.png

0 comments:

My TOU

All things I provide on this blog are my own creation.
Any resemblance to others is strictly coincidence.
Please do not share.
Do not claim as yours.
If you use any items here please link back to my blog.
No translations of my tutorials.
The tutorials here are merely guidelines and you are perfectly welcome to do your own thing.
All links were current and available at the time of their posting. I cannot control who comes and goes, so if you find a broken link, please use a suitable replacement item.
Feel free to send me anything that you make with my stuff and I will gladly showcase it. My email is merrittlise@gmail.com

Talk to Me