Search

SCRAPS BY P & A DEZIGNS . Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Followers

Tuesday 11 June 2013

*Right Click - Open Link In New Tab - On All Images To View Full Size*

PTU Ali
 
This tutorial was written by me on June 11, 2013.
It was made out of my own creation and any similarity is purely coincidental.
I used PSPx2 but any version will do. 

Artist: Misticheskaya
You can find this tube at PICS FOR DESIGN
Please do not use this tube without a license.
Scrap Kit: Ali by Amy Marie
You can find her kits at
Mask: bice_techno05.msk 
(I have no idea where to find this mask maker,
if it belongs to you, let me know and I will credit you)
Filter: Filters Unlimited - FRAMES, WOOD
Font: Neon Sign HERE

Now on with the tutorial.

Open the mask and minimize it in your workspace. 
Next, open PP9. Copy and Paste into selection.  Duplicate.
Hide the copy layer and highlight the original layer.
 LAYERS - NEW MASK LAYER - FROM IMAGE - SOURCE LUMINANCE CHECKED - INVERT MASK CHECKED - bice_techno05.msk - OK - MERGE GROUP.
Your mask layer should look like this:
Highlight you copy layer.
Grab your selection tool.  Use the setting below. 
 
 
Do a selection of the bottom part of that layer, like this:
 

Hit delete button.  Merge down.
Grab you selection too, same setting as above.
Choose a place for the window.  I did it like this:


Here I used Filters Unlimited - Frames, Wood, Wood Patchwork 02 at default settings. (see below)

 Go to SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE.
Snag your Selection tool again.  Select inside of frame.  Hit delete.

Now for the Elements.

Element 23 - C/P and Re-size 40%.  Move to middle of "window".
(see tag for placement)
Element 22 - C/P and re-size 60%.  Move right under "window".
(see tag for placement)
Element 30 - C/P and re-size 60%.  Move to left side of tag beside Element 22.
(see tag for placement)
Element 26 - C/P and re-size 20%.  Move over Element 22.
(see tag for placement)
Element 31 - C/P and re-size 20%.  Move over Element 22.
(see tag for placement)
 Element 52 & 53 - C/P and re-size both 20%.  Move each on either side of Element 23. 
(see tag for placement)
 Element 32 - C/P and re-size 20%.  Move up beside "window".   Duplicate twice and move around the area as you see fit.
(see tag for placement)

 Now for the Tube Layer.

Open tube(s).  C/P and re-size both 55%.  Move into place as you see fit.
(see tag for placement)

Add drop shadow to all layers of your choice.
I used
V & H 2
Opacity 70
Blur 7
Color Black

Now for the frame layer.

Choose two colors.  I chose black (#000000) and a shade of coral (#f54448).
NEW RASTER LAYER - SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL and grab the flood fill tool.  Flood fill layer with black.  Go to SELECTIONS - MODIFY - CONTRACT 4 pixels.  Hit Delete.  Keep SELECTION.  Choose your flood fill tool again.  Flood fill with coral color.  Go to SELECTIONS - MODIFY - CONTRACT 4 pixels.  Hit Delete.  Keep SELECTION.  Choose flood fill tool again.  Flood fill with black.  Go to SELECTIONS - MODIFY - CONTRACT 4 pixels.  Hit Delete.
Do a drop shadow on this layer.  
I used same as above and again with the V & H @ -2.

 Now you can add name and  © information.  Save as .png and re-size if you wish.
I re-size before I save and add name and © info.

 photo BlogSiggie1.png

0 comments:

My TOU

All things I provide on this blog are my own creation.
Any resemblance to others is strictly coincidence.
Please do not share.
Do not claim as yours.
If you use any items here please link back to my blog.
No translations of my tutorials.
The tutorials here are merely guidelines and you are perfectly welcome to do your own thing.
All links were current and available at the time of their posting. I cannot control who comes and goes, so if you find a broken link, please use a suitable replacement item.
Feel free to send me anything that you make with my stuff and I will gladly showcase it. My email is merrittlise@gmail.com

Talk to Me