Search

SCRAPS BY P & A DEZIGNS . Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Followers

Sunday 11 August 2013




*Right Click - Open Link In New Tab - On All Images To View Full Size*

PTU Naughty Mermaid

This tutorial was written by me on August 11, 2013.
It was made out of my own creation and any similarity is purely coincidental.
I used PSPx2 but any version would work.

Artist: Ismael Rac
You can find this tube at XeracX store  HERE
Do not use this tube unless you have a license.
Scrap Kit: Naughty Mermaid Kit by BLT Dezignz
This kit can be found at Xerace Stores  HERE 
Font:  Eccentric Font  HERE
 
Here goes:

The paper layer:
I used PP5 and I C/P the sand element and moved that to the bottom of the tag.  I then duplicated the sand layer several times so that it would not be so see-thru.  I then merged all those layers down.  I then duplicated the merged layers one more time and moved it up but under the original sand layers, so that it would take a bit more of the bottom part of that tag.  I then merged them all down to the paper layers.  I was gonna do a mask with this merged paper layer but decided that I didn't want one.  But you can use one now if you like. 
 
Let’s do the frame layer now: 
Frame 3 – C/P and re-size 80%.  Then free rotate frame 20ยบ left.
Grab your magic wand.  Click in the middle of each frame.
SELECTIONS – MODIFY – EXPAND 8 PIXELS.
New Raster Layer.  Move under frame layer.  Open PP4.
Copy and paste into selection.
Grab tube.  C/P and over paper layer and move into position.
SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - INVERT.
Duplicate tube layers.
ADJUST – BLUR – GAUSSIAN BLUR – RADIUS 25 - OK
Change BLEND MODE of copy of tube layer to HARD LIGHT and go to original tube layer and change BLEND MODE to LUMINANCE (L).  Reduce opacity to 53.
(see tag for placements)
 
The elements:
Branch – C/P and move to bottom right side of tag.  Duplicate and mirror.  Move layer under frame layers.
(see tag for placement)
Starfish – C/P and re-size 30%.  Move to top left corner of frame.
(see tag for placement)
Seashell – C/P and re-size 30%.  Move to top right corner of frame.
(see tag for placement)
Flower 4 – C/P and re-size 50%.  Move to bottom left side of frame.  Duplicate and mirror.
(see tag for placement)
Grass – C/P and re-size 70%.  Move to bottom left in front of flower 4.  Duplicate and mirror.
 (see tag for placement)
Anemone – C/P and re-size 50%.  Move to bottom right side of tag in front of grass.  Duplicate and mirror and move up just a little.
(see tag for placement)  
Flower 3 – C/P and re-size 30%.  Move to bottom right side in front of anemone.  Duplicate and mirror and move up just a little.
(see tag for placement)
Flower 2 – C/P and re-size 30%.  Move to bottom right side in front of flower 3.  Duplicate and mirror and move up just a little.
(see tag for placement)
Crab – C/P and re-size 30%.  Move to bottom right side in front of flower 2 & 3.  Duplicate and mirror and move up just a little.
(see tag for placement)
Fish – C/P and re-size 40%.  Move to middle right side of frame.  Duplicate and move to upper part of frame.
(see tag for placement)
Dolphin – C/P and re-size 70%.  Move to the middle left side of frame.
 (see tag for placement)
Bubbles – C/P and move to upper left side of frame.  Duplicate and mirror.  Move down a little bit.
(see tag for placement)

Now the tube layer:
If you are using the same tube as me, choose the layers you want.
C/P tube.  Re-size 50%.  Mirror and move her to the bottom of tag.
(see tag for placement)

Since I am not using a mask, I thought I would put a quick frame on this tag.  So here is what I did.  I added a new raster layer as the very top most layerI filled that layer with black.  I then selected all, modified and contracted 2 pixels.  I then deleted.  I drop shadowed as usual but also did a -2 for the V & H

Add drop shadow to layers of your choosing.
I used
V & H 2
Opacity 70
Blur 7
Color Black

 Now you can add name and  © information.  Save as .png and re-size if you wish.
I re-size before I save and add name and © info.
Let me know what you think of this tutorial.

0 comments:

My TOU

All things I provide on this blog are my own creation.
Any resemblance to others is strictly coincidence.
Please do not share.
Do not claim as yours.
If you use any items here please link back to my blog.
No translations of my tutorials.
The tutorials here are merely guidelines and you are perfectly welcome to do your own thing.
All links were current and available at the time of their posting. I cannot control who comes and goes, so if you find a broken link, please use a suitable replacement item.
Feel free to send me anything that you make with my stuff and I will gladly showcase it. My email is merrittlise@gmail.com

Talk to Me