Search

SCRAPS BY P & A DEZIGNS . Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Followers

Saturday 25 May 2013

*Right Click - Open Link In New Tab - On All Images To View Full Size*

FTU Aquatic Dreams

Artist: Pics For Design Exclusive - The Brilliant Mermaid (was gifted to me and is an exclusive tube, unless you are a member of the PFD Exclusive Club, you will not be able to get this particular tube.) HERE
Scrap Kit: Amy & Leah's Gimptastic Tuts - Pirates Cove  HERE
Template: Millie's PSP Madness -  Template-256
Mask: Vix Mask 389 - HERE
Font: 

Here goes: 
Open template - Shift D to duplicate and then delete CR layer.
I don't like a white background unless I really need one, so I clear the white background by highlighting the BACKGROUND layer and going to EDIT - CLEAR.
IMAGE -  CANVAS SIZE - 800 X 600
Highlight layer 1.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT - NEW RASTER LAYER
Open Paper1 - C/Paste Into Selection - SELECT NONE - 
Hide or delete layer 1
Highlight layer 2.  SELECTION - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT - NEW RASTER LAYER
Open Paper9 - C/Paste Into Selection - SELECT NONE -
Hide or delete layer2
Highlight layer 3.   SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT - NEW RASTER LAYER
Open Paper10 - C/Paste Into Selection - SELECT NONE -
Hide or delete layer3
Do the same for layer 4.
Highlight layer 5.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT - NEW RASTER LAYER
Open Paper5 - C/Paste Into Selection - SELECT NONE -
Hide or delete layer 5
Highlight layer 6.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT - NEW RASTER LAYER
 Open Water Element  - C/Paste Into Selection - SELECT NONE -
Highlight layer 6 again and colorize.  I used Hue 36 - Saturation 76
 Highlight layer 7 then 8.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT - NEW RASTER LAYER
 Open Paper7 - C/Paste Into Selection - SELECT NONE -
Hide or delete layers7&8
Highlight layer 10 and merge down to layer 9 and colorize.  I used Hue 154 Saturation 76
 Highlight layer 9.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
 C/P tube.  Place and resize to your preference. SELECTION - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTION INVERT again.
Duplicate tube layer.  On top layer, ADJUST - BLUR - GAUSSIAN BLUR and change blend mode to Hard Light.  On original tube layer, change blend mode to Luminance (L)
Delete layers 12 & 13


Now for the elements.

We will be using these elements:
 Sword Skull - C/P - leave in middle but move to layer below words.
Tree - Resized 70% - C/P and move to the left side, move to layer above SwordSkull layer.
Trunk - C/P and resize 50% and move to right bottom corner.
Grass - C/P and resize 80% and move behind tree on the left.
Lizard - C/P and resize 80% and move to in front of trunk.
Ghost Pirate - C/P behind raster 7 and move him down a bit.  (see my tag)

Add Tube.  I resized mine 45% - Mirrored and moved it slightly to the left. 
Move "Aquatic Dreams" words down a bit 

Add drop shadow to all layers.
I used
V & H 2
Opacity 70
Blur 7
Color Black

Now, the mask layer.

Highlight very bottom layer.
Copy paper4
SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - NEW RASTER LAYER - PASTE INTO SELECTION - SELECT NONE
LAYERS - NEW MASK LAYER - FROM IMAGE - SOURCE LUMINANCE CHECKED - Vix_Mask 389  OK - MERGE GROUP
(if mask is not dark enough for you, you can duplicate it and then merge down)

 Now you can add name and  © information.  Save as .PNG and resize if you wish.
I resize before I save and add name and © info.

Let me know what you think of this tutorial. Thanks for taking a look.

0 comments:

My TOU

All things I provide on this blog are my own creation.
Any resemblance to others is strictly coincidence.
Please do not share.
Do not claim as yours.
If you use any items here please link back to my blog.
No translations of my tutorials.
The tutorials here are merely guidelines and you are perfectly welcome to do your own thing.
All links were current and available at the time of their posting. I cannot control who comes and goes, so if you find a broken link, please use a suitable replacement item.
Feel free to send me anything that you make with my stuff and I will gladly showcase it. My email is merrittlise@gmail.com

Talk to Me