Search

SCRAPS BY P & A DEZIGNS . Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Followers

Saturday 25 May 2013


*Right Click - Open Link In New Tab - On All Images To View Full Size*

PTU The Forgotten

This tutorial was written by me on May 25, 2013.
It was made out of my own creation and any similarity is purely coincidental.
I used PSPx2 but any version will do.

Artist: Michael Calandra @ CDO  HERE
Please Don't use this tube without a license.
Scrap Kit: Oh Dark One by Devilish Dezines
You can find her kits HERE
Template: Millie's PSP Madness -  Template-72
Mask: Moonbeams & Spiderwebs MB and SW37 - HERE
Font: Magic School Two HERE

Here goes: 
Open template - Shift D to duplicate and then delete CR layer.
I don't like a white background unless I really need one, so I clear the white background by highlighting the BACKGROUND layer and go to EDIT - CLEAR.

Highlight layer 1.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open Paper3 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE
Delete layer 1.
Highlight layer 2.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open Paper5 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - KEEP SELECTED.
NEW RASTER LAYER - Open Element 28.  C/Paste into selection
Delete layer 2
Highlight layer 3. SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open Paper4 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE
Delete layer 3
Highlight layer 4.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open Paper5 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE
Delete layer 4
Highlight layer 5.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
Open Paper 2 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE - Delete layer 5
Do the same for layer 6. 
Highlight layer 7.  SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - FLOAT - DEFLOAT
 Open Paper6 - C/P - SELECTIONS - INVERT - DELETE - SELECTIONS - SELECT NONE - Delete layer 6
Do the same for layer 8
Highlight layer 4 again, open tube.  Mirror tube - C/P and move into place.
Duplicate tube layer.  On top layer, ADJUST - BLUR - GAUSSIAN BLUR and change blend mode to Hard Light.  On original tube layer, change blend mode to Overlay

Now for the elements.

We will be using:
Highlight layer 3.
Element 48 - C/P and move to top of tag.
Element 7 - C/P and resize 70%.  Move up and keep in the middle of tag.
 Element 49 - C/P and resize 80%.  Move to left of tag.
Highlight tube layer.
Element 30 - Resize 90% - Flip and move to top right of tag.
Element 47 - C/P Keep in middle of tag.
Add Tube.  Moved it slightly to the left. 
Element 43 - C/P and resize 40%.  Duplicate several times and move where you like.  Merge down till you have only one layer.
Element 32 - Resize 85% and move down behind Element 43 (see tag for placement) 

Add drop shadow to all layers.
I used
V & H 2
Opacity 70
Blur 7
Color Black

Now, the mask layer.

Highlight very bottom layer.
Copy paper5
SELECTIONS - SELECT ALL - NEW RASTER LAYER - PASTE INTO SELECTION - SELECT NONE
LAYERS - NEW MASK LAYER - FROM IMAGE - SOURCE LUMINANCE CHECKED - MB and SW37  OK - MERGE GROUP
DUPLICATE MASK - MERGE DOWN.  DUPLICATE AGAIN.  MIRROR AND FLIP.

 Now you can add name and  © information.  Save as .PNG and resize if you wish.
I resize before I save and add name and © info.

Let me know what you think of this tutorial. Thanks for taking a look.
 photo BlogSiggie1.png

0 comments:

My TOU

All things I provide on this blog are my own creation.
Any resemblance to others is strictly coincidence.
Please do not share.
Do not claim as yours.
If you use any items here please link back to my blog.
No translations of my tutorials.
The tutorials here are merely guidelines and you are perfectly welcome to do your own thing.
All links were current and available at the time of their posting. I cannot control who comes and goes, so if you find a broken link, please use a suitable replacement item.
Feel free to send me anything that you make with my stuff and I will gladly showcase it. My email is merrittlise@gmail.com

Talk to Me